Great news!! South Shore Women’s Health Care now has life-saving 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) equipment in our office. We are very excited to offer you this comfortable and convenient technology which identifies breast cancer even earlier than conventional digital mammography.
Why is this important to you?
- Annual 3D mammography (tomosynthesis) screening is the new state-of-the-art technology for breast imaging
- When compared to digital mammography, 3D mammography:
- Detects 41% more invasive breast cancers
- Reduces false-positive recalls by up to 40%
- Detects cancer, on average, 15 months earlier
- Boosts the Positive Predictive Value (PPV) by nearly 50%
- 1 out of 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- If detected early, breast cancer can be cured
Through our continuing efforts to provide every South Shore Women’s Health Care patient with nothing less than the highest quality care, we invite you to speak with your physician about the numerous benefits of this new technology and how it directly impacts you.